Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Signs and Wonders, Part 2

I wish I had my camera with me on the drive in to school this morning. Taylor's Food Store is a little country grocery store/butcher shop just around the corner from the college, and it is owned and operated by some wonderful, friendly Christian people. There is a sign board out front, and every week they put up a new inspirational message. Today it read:

TODAY IS HUMP DAY
CELEBRATE YOUR MARRIAGE

It struck me as funny, and I laughed all the way to my parking space. "The words 'hump', 'celebrate', and 'marriage' probably shouldn't be used together in the same sentence!", I mused aloud.

One of my classmates asked me why I was chuckling, and I told her. She accused me of having a dirty mind. If I do, I must not be the only one in Perkinston. By the time I got out of class an hour later and headed over to Taylor's, the sign had been changed because of multiple comments on its suggestive nature. (This isn't just the Bible Belt; it's the buckle of the Bible Belt!)

The owners were suitably mortified. Me, I can't stop chortling. It's been one of those days!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hey Sis! I think it's hysterical!(and no, you do not have a dirty mind)