Friday, January 16, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I had no sooner posted the vegetable soup recipe below than my four year old daughter rolled out of bed and padded in to my room for a hug and kiss. As we headed into the living room for, she looked up at me and said, "Can we go to the doughnut store for breakfast? I deserve a doughnut, Mom."

I swallowed my rising laughter and said, "Honey, do you know what 'deserve' means? It means you did something good or nice that should be rewarded. What have you done that's special and deserves a reward?"

Without missing a beat she squinched up her nose, smiled sweetly, tilted her head to one side, and said, "I'm going to let you take a shower without walking in on you and watching".

The laughter escaped this time.

And guess what?

She's going to get a doughnut for that one. :-)

No comments: